July 22, 2014, 04:15:02 AM

Author Topic: The Football pitch !!!!  (Read 2028 times)

10 AC BOY

• View Profile
The Football pitch !!!!
« on: October 24, 2012, 07:47:24 PM »
Does anybody's kid throw this pitch and how does it affect their arm ???

Touch M All

• View Profile
Re: The Football pitch !!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 08:42:06 PM »
Supposed to be fine unless they start snapping it off

Psalm144

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 10:46:18 AM »
He's right. As long as they pull and don't snap it's a great pitch for off speed. Make sure they stay on the side of the ball and not behind it.

Arkansas Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 10:43:50 AM »
Obvious peopel really dont understand a football pitch is still a curve ball.... The issue with a curve balls isnt the snap of the wrist,  it's the bicep. When throwing a fastball its elongated, when you throw a curve ball the bicep shortens which causes weakening of the muscle. Then when you come back and throw the fastball again that is where the issue arises by the torqe on the bicep ( Especially for kids that are not develope physically).. Thats the reason kids shouldn't throw them at an early age.  For the parents that think its ok and yes at 9, 10 your kid looks to be the best around with the curveball , but they WILL NOT stand out later on due to not learnign how to pitch and hit spots. The change up is the most effective pitch out there. How many places can you go and hit off of a machine that throws change ups? None.... Would'nt that be the pitch to learn to throw and locate?  Just my opinion....Let me hear what ypur thoughts are......

makeitfunyouwilllearn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 11:39:10 AM »
Arkansas Eyes, I have always heard the snap of the wrist with a curve ball was what pushed a young kid toward arm problems down the road and think that flip motion does do something.  I've seen young kids throw lots of curves and then hurt at the elbow.  But again I am no pro and can see how the bicep can also be hurt.  Bottom line is I agree that those kids at ages earlier than 14 throwing high amounts of curve balls are far more likely to have arm issues down the stretch.  Fastball of some speed with 10 mile per hour plus drop in change up are enough types of pitches but hitting the spots is the most important.  Knowing where to place the ball and why is a key part.  I know some will allow their kids to throw curves but mine won't for a few years.  I have told him to create a better drop in change up and learn to hit the locations.  If the better teams hit you that is ok at this time.  If a team hits you that means you are near the plate and that is good.  We will just work on better location.